If you eat at your desk because you’re too swamped to take a break, or you check email on your phone when you’re talking to a family member, you’re doing yourself more harm than good. Busyness is also a top excuse for skipping workouts. When you constantly have too much on your plate, your sleep suffers and your emotions suffer. There is good news.
If you streamline and prioritize your schedule, it is possible to work and work out, and get everything else done, as well as carving out downline just for you. Start now.
Here are some tips to help you do just that:
1. Re-evaluate your busyness. When you are stressed out, you will focus more on problems than on solutions. What absolutely must get done today? Don’t make a “to do” list, but a “must do” and only list a few items of priority. I know that every task can feel important, but you must prioritize if you want peace. A great way to see what you are doing is to track what you do every hour for one week. This will absolutely give you an accurate picture of where your 168 hours in a week goes. There is an app called aTimeLogger (free iTunes), which makes this doable.
2. Reframe you perspective. You actually have more control than you think you do. You make your schedule. While you may have demands with a work schedule and family, you still have control over what you decide to do and take care of. Decide to make your health a priority so you eat well, exercise, sleep well, and say no to things that you don’t feel you want to take on in your heart. Don’t say yes to just please someone. Learn to say NO.
3. Get yourself a monthly planner, or give yourself some structure by looking at a weekly calendar. You will be surprised at how much control you can give yourself just by putting things on a calendar. I personally mark days on my calendar to visit my family and friends. I schedule appointments to speak with them too! Or I do it after working hours.
4. Schedule free time for yourself — just for you. You can read, relax, listen to music, get a massage, get a manicure, pedicure, just do whatever makes you feel good!
5. Don’t hang out with negative people. If you let them, they will drain your energy. We all like to help folks, and it’s what I do for a living, but if they won’t listen, I don’t waste time. Everyone has a choice to listen and take action, or not. Stay focused on solutions and streamline your life with those things that are important to you. Love God and love yourself… only then can you really love people!
Feel free to “Like” and “Share” this article with others. I am sure it will bless them.
Love *on-the-go* health food bars? You will LOVE Jordan’s new Z-Protein bars!
Who doesn’t love health food protein bars? Beyond Organic has produced the first EVER raw food bar ever to contain Beyond Organic Raw Z Dairy Protein in a bar. Beyond Organic found a way to legally infuse Raw Dairy into the protein bars. Not only does this unique protein bar have a powerful blend of seven sprouted seeds but also beyond organic Z protein enriched dairy.
EA Live Raw-Z Protein Bars are packed with high quality raw protein, omega fatty acids, fiber and probiotics–Raw-Z Protein Bars are alive with nutrition. Powered by seven sprouted raw organic seeds, made entirely with organic ingredients, each delicious Raw-Z Protein Bar is gluten and beta casein A1 free and is free of GMOs.
This Beyond Organic Protein bar is a first in its category for a couple different reasons. So what you have rolled together is a very good source of protein and good healthy fats with Seven Seed Omega Blend (Chia*, Flax*, Hemp*, Pumpkin, Black Sesame*, Sunflower*, Sesame*) along with almond butter, coconut oil, and fruits and flavorings for a protein-packed bar unique from anything ever released in the natural health community.
Beyond Organic Protein Bar – 3 Flavors
The Beyond Organic Raw Z Protein Bar is great for in between meals as a snack or absolutely wonderful for your pre or post workout. It comes in three different flavors including apple date, Banana nut mocha java, coconut almond chocolate.
None of the Beyond Organic products contain grains or gluten. It takes 4 days to make these bars. It takes about 30 seconds to make the bars you would normally buy in health food stores.
Become a Preferred Customer for just $19.95 annually today!
I encourage you to become a Preferred Customer for just $19.95 annually with Beyond Organic today. You will receive a 20% discount on all products, and you can order whenever you like. You may also choose to join me in the mission.
Now you can have access to literally the world’s healthiest foods. This brings total peace of mind for me and my family, and you can do the same for you and your family. It’s simple and takes less than five minutes! :) Click here to become a Preferred Customer now.
Great Health and Blessings to you,
Jordan Rubin, founder of Garden of Life and Beyond Organic, said today, “Terrain Omega is a Hero Food.” Terrain Omega is not a formulation, it is an invention. I like to call it a “download from Heaven.” Jordan says, “It is taking two already great concepts and marrying them in a way that has never been done before. I call it Terrain Omega. We soaked, sprouted AND fermented chia seed…not simply in structured water, but an infusion of Beyond Organic Terrain Living Herbals (including Milk Thistle, Turmeric and Holy Basil).”
Terrain Omega — Two Superfoods called a HERO food!
Jordan Rubin’s company, Beyond Organic, has combined two amazing foods into what is beyond a super-food! Jordan is calling Terrain Omega a HERO food! First Sprouted Chia Seed for Omega 3 fatty acids and fiber; Second, herbs (Milk Thistle, Turmeric and Holy Basil) that have been fermented into vinegar. These two powerful foods have now been combined in this revolutionary new food, Terrain Omega.”
What Terrain Omega can provide for you:
* Supports healthy weight management
* Supports healthy blood sugar levels already in normal range
* Supports cardiovascular health
* Helps support healthy cholesterol levels already in normal range
* Supports digestive health
* Supports healthy energy levels
* Contains healthy fats and fiber to promote a feeling of satiety and fullness
* Provides 2000mg Omega 3s per serving
* Provides 5g of fiber per serving
* Provides 3g of complete plant protein per serving
* Provides an entire bottle’s worth of Terrain Living Herbals in each 30 day supply
Jordan Rubin was asked recently what one food he wouldn’t want to be without if he were stranded on a desert island, and he said, “I have often been asked if I were stranded on an island, what would be the one food I would want to sustain me. In the past, my answer has varied. I’ve said coconut. I’ve said avocado. I’ve even said fish. Now, that answer has changed-permanently. Terrain Omega is a combination of extremely healthy chia seed, which has been soaked and sprouted using Terrain Herbals. The two synergistically put together provide so much more than either one can alone. The result is an inventive new food that is as healthy as it is unique.”
The list of advantages of Terrain Omega is freakishly long: Terrain Omega has protein, fiber, healthy fats, slow-burning carbs, probiotics, enzymes, organic acids, antioxidants, raw, organic and more. The benefits—the same ones listed at the start, are unrivaled.
Two great ways to enjoy Terrain Omega:
1. Terrain Omega Powder – mix it in water, with Amasai or in your favorite smoothie. Terrain Omega Powder is the ideal food to add well…to your food. Terrain Omega Powder comes in a convenient resealable bag, so its perfect for multiple uses.
2. Terrain Omega Wafers – a perfect delivery system, especially for anyone who wants to reach their perfect weight. Eat 3-to-9 wafers 10-15 minutes before a meal or anytime hunger strikes. The combination of filling fiber, slow-burning carbs and the healthy omega-3 fats are ideal for appetite control.
**Please Note: This incredible new product is only available to Beyond Organic Preferred Customers, or Marketers, and is not yet available to customers. To Join as a Preferred Customer for $19.95, Click here.
Feel free to “Like” this article below, and share with your family and friends!
So many people, even those who believe in Jesus, don’t really know what it means to have a relationship with him. In this video Todd White gives SUCH a beautiful depiction of the answer to the question, who is Jesus?
When you watch this short video, you will have a much clearer picture of who Jesus is, and who HE is in you, if you are a believer in Him. I found that so many people each month are googling who is Jesus? That means the people in the world are curious. Even after 2000 years, this man, Jesus, is still turning the world upside down.
If you are not a believer in Him, I encourage you to watch this amazing short video now of Todd White with Patricia King.
In this article, I will show you some of the best ways to deal with stress. Stress is one of the most important factors to physical and emotional health. It’s estimated that 90% of doctor visits are stress related these days. I want to help you deal with stress today so you can live longer!
Why it’s important to deal with stress:
Stress can weaken the immune system and accelerate the aging process. Studies show that life events like strife in the home, divorce and job loss can reduce immunity in the body. Even daily stresses like deadlines, traffic jams and long lines at Starbucks can all cause stress, leading to a reduced immune system. Not to mention what stress does to your digestive system and what it does to nutrient absorption. If you are stressed and you try to eat a meal, you can’t digest a thing! When a person is stressed, the body actually causes blood to go away from the digestive system making it difficult for nutrients to be properly absorbed and digested. This alone make it important to deal with stress.
7 Ways to deal with stress:
1. Breathing for stress — this is a BIG ONE. Before you eat a meal – take 5-10 deep slow breaths in and out through your nose, and then your brain will switch gears and your body will be calm and relaxed, the blood will return to the digestive system, and now you can digest your food!
2. Take control of your time. Make a daily or weekly schedule for yourself. Time management is huge, and a big stressor if we don’t have a daily plan. You can plan your meals for the week on Sunday, for example. If you work a 9-5 job, plan to go to sleep early and get up a bit early to exercise. Write it out. Plan your meals. You will feel so much better. Schedule time time for yourself. Women, get a manicure and pedicure and perhaps even a massage on the weekend, or even mid-week. Do this for YOU. It’s something to look forward you, and will certainly relieve stress. Read the rest of this entry »
Have you been suffering with pain and want safer alternatives to ibuprofens and aspirins? Sometimes it feels like pain is coming from your bones, but it’s surely originating from joints and the tissues that surround them.
Pain causes include: repetitive movement, injuries, inactivity, poor posture, or osteoporosis. Regardless of what the cause is, sharp pains make simple tasks like carrying your groceries very difficult. A lot of people are happy with medications, but not everyone wants to put chemically enhanced medicines into their body. Here are some great natural remedies that will help you deal with joint and bone pain. Read the rest of this entry »
Type 2 Diabetes is a preventable condition that comes from faulty leptin signaling and insulin resistance. Both of these are directly related to diet and exercise. Diabetes is not a blood sugar disease. To reverse or prevent the disease, you need to bring back your body’s leptin and insulin sensitivities.
By strictly following these guidelines you will normalize your blood pressure, normalize your weight, and recover your insulin/leptin sensitivity:
- Eliminate or limit sugar and starchy grains, such as breads, cereals, pasta and white rice.
- Cardio exercise – warm up for three minutes and then cool down for 2 minutes after an intense paced cardio for at least 20 minutes. Three times a week add – warm up for three minutes, increase your heart rate to your anaerobic threshold for 20 to 30 seconds and then recover for 1 minute and 30 seconds, then repeat this 8 more times, and then cool down for 2 minutes. You can view the Fox and Haskel formula for the anaerobic threshold for your age.
- Avoid trans-fats (another name for vegetable oil) as well.
- Eat omega-3 fats from an animal-based source – such as 100% green and grass-fed beef from Beyond Organic.
- Increase your Vitamin D levels. Vitamin D normalizes blood pressure and low vitamin D levels increase your risk of heart disease.
- Increase your gut flora. Your gut is full of good and bad bacteria. Your immune system gets stronger when you have more good bacteria than bad bacteria. Eat fermented foods- vegetables, natto, raw organic cheese or raw milk kefir – or take a high quality probiotic supplement.
- Relieve and manage stress and underlying emotional issues.
- Get enough high-quality sleep each night.
- Monitor your fasting insulin level. Your fasting insulin level needs to be between 2 and 4. If your insulin level is higher, your insulin sensitivity is also higher.
When you think about how the food you eat is fed – cattle, pigs, and chickens – you imagine cattle eating grass in pastures, chickens pecking on feed, and pigs eating feed and vegetables at a trough. The reality is that for over 50 years, the way our food is fed has changed drastically. They’re no longer raised on farms and instead they are raised in crowded animal factories or confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs).
Like any other business, animal factories focus on ways to save on their costs. With no consideration to how it affects humans, these factories changed animal feed as one cost cutting measure. Many of the ingredients used in feed are not only unhealthy, but are also disgusting. Read the rest of this entry »
In 2007, Congress put a ban on horse processing – slaughtering them for food – and then lifted it in 2011. As a result companies are getting prepared to go into the horse processing business. The legality of slaughtering horses for food in the US is a highly controversial issue.
Animal rights organizations argue that legalizing the killing of horses for human consumption is animal cruelty and it could also result in meat that’s not safe. People who support the practice feel that horses are consumed all over the world and that if the US joined, it would be highly profitable. Currently, they plan to export the processed horse meat to other countries.
The Valley Meat Company located outside of Roswell, New Mexico, may be the first slaughterhouse to re-open in the US. The company has already suffered numerous vandalisms and death and bomb threats for their planned operations. Read the rest of this entry »